520 is a steel touring bike made for the open road. It's the longest-running model in our lineup, and it's built to carry you and your gear on your longest journeys. Extra mounts, an aluminum touring fork, and included headset, headset spacers, cable guides, front quick release skewer, and seat post collar, make this frameset the perfect platform for your custom adventure companion.
It's right for you if...
You measure the success of a ride in the number of beautiful views, and when you're not riding you're likely to be found planning your next escape. You hear the call of the open road and want a stable touring bike that's just as capable of carrying a heavy load on multi-day trips as it is on everyday rides.
The tech you get
A road-smoothing chromoly steel frame, alloy disc touring fork with a ThruSkew captured quick release skewer, and extra mounts for endless cargo options. The included headset, headset spacers, cable guides, and seat post collar give you a head start on building up your touring bike for your kind of adventure.
The final word
520 is a comfortable steel workhorse that's capable of everything from daily rides to expedition tours. This classic ride is ready for adventure right out of the box.
Why you'll love it
- 520 is built to hold up, and it's super reliable over the long haul—you'll leave this bike to someone in your will
- ThruSkew ensures the front wheel will never drop out unintentionally, and makes it easier to remove your wheel without removing all of your front cargo
- There's no better way to see the world than from the saddle, and this is the bike that answers your wanderlust
- It's the longest-running model in our lineup, and we've kept it around so long because it's one of the best-loved, too
|Frame||Trek butted chromoly disc touring, rack & fender mounts, 135x5mm QR|
|Fork||520 alloy disc touring, rack mounts, 100x5mm ThruSkew|
|Headset||1-1/8'' threadless, sealed cartridge bearings|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Diablo Red / 57cm||601842498415||5253631||5253631|